The successful candidate will take charge of planning, leading, and executing enterprise-wide projects with global impact, primarily focused on the Finance organization. As a seasoned professional, you will bring your extensive experience in designing, managing, and implementing medium to large scale projects (valued between $5-30M) in the region. In addition to managing the project’s successful execution, you will also provide indirect leadership and support to a team of project resources spanning multiple departments and business units. Collaboration, critical thinking, and effective execution while coordinating with diverse teams and locations will be key to thriving in this role. The position requires someone who can proactively handle PMO duties to strategically guide project Governance and Assurance.
Agile experience is a must for this role, as the project aims to transition from the traditional waterfall method to Agile working and tools, such as Kanban, for better reporting and project rollout support.
The initial focus will be on the Global Balance Sheet Reconciliation project, with an 18-month timescale, but you may be assigned to other projects with varying allocations (25% to 100%) as needed.
This is a hybrid role, with three days per week at the London offices, while locations may vary for the remaining days.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage medium to large scale projects, ensuring on-time delivery and maintaining high-quality standards.
- Oversee and track performance, being proactive in managing and escalating project risks and issues.
- Plan, initiate, and support project execution while adhering to project management processes, including risk and issue management and status reporting.
- Set up project infrastructure, including project plan, dashboard reporting, executive reporting, milestone tracking, and risk logs using our preferred tool, Smartsheet.
- Ensure document storage follows project methodology principles and best practices.
- Collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders, including Compliance, Internal Audit, Change Management, and Communications, to create detailed integrated plans for project reporting.
- Promote transparency and collaboration among stakeholders, departments, and project team members.
- Consult with business partners to clarify and define complex project requirements, budgets, and business cases aligned with strategic objectives.
- Act as a key point of contact for coordinating project planning and tracking activities.
- Perform other assigned duties.
Qualifications: To succeed in this role, the following qualifications are required:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BSc) in a relevant field with a minimum of 7 years’ experience.
- Practical experience in delivering projects using agile methods like SCRUM, Kanban, and Lean XP.
- Proficiency in using agile tools, ideally Azure DevOps, Jira, or Confluence.
- Essential certification in PMP or Agile.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical abilities.
- Capable of providing efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to customers.
- Skilled in presenting information both in written and verbal form to subordinates, customers, and supervisors.
- Strong understanding of financial terms, concepts, and accounting principles.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret complex financial transactions.
- Capable of analyzing and interpreting complex financial information, transactions, and accounting principles.
- Effective problem-solving skills, both independently and in a team setting.
- Strong analytical and quantitative capabilities.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Familiarity with Smartsheet, DevOps, or similar tools is advantageous (training will be provided).