Salary : £45,000-50,000
Financial Accountant – Full time
Based : Central London, Hybrid, 3 days a week in office
The Consultancy Group is working with a market leading Retail business based in Central London. They are looking for a Financial accountant to join the team who would be responsible of developing the ESG strategy and reporting, direct and indirect tax compliance across multiple territories.
Main Duties and Key responsibilities:
Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG):
- Preparation of Sustainability & Responsibility reporting and Corporate Governance reporting for the Annual Report
- Own and manage the implementation and development of ESG reporting.
- Work with the business and external ESG advisers to establish efficient and effective data collection processes.
- Manage the relationship with RSM as tax advisers and agent
- Own global VAT compliance obligations and deadlines: multi-territory exposure to VAT and Sales Tax. This includes:
- Prepare monthly reconciliations.
- Prepare UK corporation tax forecasting and QIPS calculations, and submit and pay in a timely manner.
- Work with the Director of Finance and Group Financial Reporting Accountant to develop and implement robust internal controls within Finance
- Support HoDs in implementing internal controls in all areas of the business
- Work with internal auditors on their reviews, including responding to information requests and queries
- Support the Director of Finance and Group Financial Reporting Accounting in external reporting compliance
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA part qualified
- Experience of working in audit preferred
- Experience and working knowledge of tax.
- Strong IFRS and UK GAAP knowledge and experience
- Experience of ESG reporting an advantage
- Advance level of Excel