My client is a leading global provider of insurance, risk management, and consulting services. Their mission is to support the growth of businesses, foster thriving communities, and enable individuals to prosper. Their culture is driven by a set of shared values and guiding principles that motivate us. With a team of over 30,000 dedicated professionals, they deliver customized solutions to our clients, protecting them and empowering their future.
They currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Direct Tax Manager to join their UK group Tax team based in Glasgow.
As a Direct Tax Manager, you will provide comprehensive support in the area of direct taxes across all aspects of our business. Your primary responsibility will be UK corporation tax compliance, reporting, and advisory services.
- Manage the UK corporation tax compliance process, including reviewing all computations and returns, ensuring accurate and timely submission to HMRC.
- Calculate quarterly corporation tax payments and ensure timely payment to HMRC.
- Prepare the UK corporation tax provision for UK GAAP statutory accounts, establishing and nurturing relationships with the external tax audit team and internal statutory tax team.
- Prepare US GAAP quarterly reporting packs for our US parent company.
- Oversee the corporation tax balance sheet reconciliations within the ERP system.
- Efficiently allocate work to team members, ensuring all deadlines and priorities are met.
- Contribute to the training and development of junior team members.
- Manage the tax team’s relationship with HMRC.
- Ensure compliance with SOX requirements.
- Participate in tax advisory projects, such as M&A due diligence, group restructuring, and financing.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
- Strong technical knowledge of corporation tax, with a solid understanding of tax accounting principles in both UK and US GAAP.
- Practical experience applying up-to-date knowledge in a Practice or Industry environment.
- Working knowledge of Thomson Reuters Onesource Corporation Tax.
- Excellent MS Excel skills (experience with MS Powersuite, Alteryx, or Tableau is desired but not essential).
- Ability to manage and adhere to challenging deadlines.
- Commitment to keeping technical knowledge updated.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills in all formats.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
What We Offer You:
- Hybrid working arrangement.
- Competitive salary.
- 27 days of holiday plus UK bank holidays.
- Company pension scheme with a 7% employer contribution.
- Life Insurance – 4x basic salary.
- Income protection.
- Bupa Healthcare.
- Ongoing opportunities for personal and professional development.