I am currently working with a client within the Education space who is looking for a Finance Manager to join them for this permanent, full-time role based at their offices in Surrey.
Purpose of the Role:
The Finance Manager will act as a role model for staff, they will demonstrate excellent finance skills including leadership and management of staff in the Finance team.
The primary purpose of this job role is to lead and manage the finance function including reporting of transactions, maintenance of the ledgers, reporting, planning and forecasting and ensuring financial practices and control operate line with Accounting rules and standards.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the Finance function operates efficiently, effectively and sustainably.
- Lead and manage staff in Finance to ensure high staff engagement and in line with policies and expectations.
- Ensure that transactions are reported accurately
- Ensure all finance ledgers are up to date with good control mechanisms
- Work effectively with budget holders and colleagues in other departments
- Work with and provide support to the payroll function
- Be a signatory on the bank in accordance with the Treasury Management Policy
- Ensure accurate planning, forecasting and budgeting
- Ensure the timely, accurate production of quality financial reporting
- Engage in on-going professional development to ensure own and staff financial knowledge and awareness is up to date
- Prepare the year-end statutory accounts ensuring that they are accurate and timetables and processes are in place and audit trails exist to support all transactions, liaising with External Auditors
- VAT returns
- Account for and prepare claims for revenue and capital grants correctly and on a timely basis and maintain adequate supporting documentation
- Ensure financial procedures, policies and systems are up to date and in line with the Financial Regulations
- Engage with the Internal Auditors and complete agreed recommendations
- Ensure the computerised Finance systems are maintained and supported, working with IT and external suppliers
- Communicate effectively with non-finance managers and teams to ensure that all they fully understand how to follow agreed practices and procedures
- Ensure the Department provides a good quality and prompt finance service to customers