An international subsidiary of an exciting FTSE 100 group is seeking a high potential addition to its finance team. You will join a small, close knit, central finance team who are consolidating three companies with a global footprint. A high level of IT literacy and the ability to extract, manipulate, interpret and apply data is an essential requirement as we continue to build a “fit for future” department and develop relevant, insightful management information.
This is a unique opportunity to gain hands on experience and make a difference, in an environment that combines both the benefits, and challenges, of working with a small group of SMEs within a FTSE 100 group.
Job title: Finance Manager
Reporting to: Finance Director
- Ownership of the finances, control environment and management reporting for our $14m turnover US group company, including local tax and statutory filings.
- Business Partnering with the Board, Regional Directors and Departments to enhance our reporting and analysis capability and drive better decision making.
- Coach and mentor to a US based Staff Accountant.
- Key liaison and representative for the Americas within the UK Head Office and with other group companies.
- Catalyst for identifying and driving business improvement for the region
- Owner of the monthly US management accounts, US statutory accounts pack as well a US and China annual budget and re-forecasting.
- Management of the working capital for the Americas and liaison with our holding company in the US on banking, payments etc.
- Deputising for the other members of the Finance Team as required.
- Managing the overall consolidation monthly and review actuals and forecast for reasonableness.
- Leading the US stocktake process in compliance with Group Accounting Requirements.
- Maintaining and supporting with the development of the PowerBI tool for reporting sales, forecasts and other metrics.
- Acting as payment authoriser for EMEA vendor payments.
- Involvement in the implementation of a new ERP.
- Co-ordinating internal audit activities of the US company.
- Monthly group margin reviews, understanding deviations from standard margin.