A leading UK Retail Group is looking for a Group Tax Manager to join their Finance team in Essex ….
Quick summary of job
Reporting to and working closely with the Financial Controller, you will deliver excellence in group wide tax reporting and planning, as well as supporting the statutory reporting cycles for UK entities.The role would suit a proactive candidate that has strong inter-personal skills, good understanding of UK taxes, strong project management and communication skills.
Expected salary: £65,000 – £75,000 + Benefits + Bonus
What you will be doing:
- Preparing corporate tax computations and returns.
- Responding to queries from the business and from HMRC across all areas of tax.
- Overseeing VAT processes and ensuring returns prepared by local finance teams are timely and accurate.
- Monitoring transactional VAT compliance.
- Assisting with research and implementation of tax planning projects.
- Preparing tax entries for full year group consolidated accounts, and UK statutory accounts.
- Assisting with the review of procedures and controls across all relevant UK taxes.
- Providing support to the business on tax issues effecting new contracts and trading opportunities and suggesting potential solutions.
What we are looking for:
- Prior practical UK tax experience, gained in either practice or industry.
- ACA/ACCA or CIOT qualification.
- Strong understanding of UK tax legislation, IAS 12 and deferred tax along with a good understanding of IFRS, FRS 101/102 and old UK GAAP.
- Articulate and credible when dealing with both internal and external stakeholders.
- A team player who values the importance of structure and process with a practical mind-set.
If the role is of interest, please send your CV to email@example.com